There’s plenty of chatter about social media marketing. How good it is for your business, how you can’t afford to be missing out, how your competitors are all over it and how you need to develop a strategy to engage, appeal and convert. But what does that mean in practice.
Perfecting social media management is a long and labour-intensive task. There aren’t easy wins in any form of marketing – just ones that are well thought out and appear to be easy. What is for certain is that you’ll never succeed with social media until you dive right in. So, here are 10 quick tips to get you going:
Top 10 Social Media Tips for Small Businesses:
- Join Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook as a priority
- Use social media to sell your product or service
- Post regularly and make your social platforms lived in
- Increase Twitter followers
- Build relationships by following people back
- Embrace #
- Investigate the best times to post across your channels
- Post your own original content
- Share engaging content from external sources
- Mix up the kind of content you post – visual and text
Need help getting your social media off the ground? Get in touch.